Fishing in Turks & Caicos with Roxtons
Point Grace is the ideal location for those anglers who cannot resist taking not only their family but also their rod and tackle on holiday.
As a relatively new destination in the world of saltwater fly fishing, there is a lot of discovery to be done at your own leisurely pace.
Schools of bonefish and also tarpon share space in the warm flats. Whether you are a seasoned expert or a raw beginner, one of the friendly and knowledgeable guides will take you to his favourite spot on the flats for some challenging fishing.
Point Grace offers a selection of beachfront one, two, three and four bedroom suites and penthouses, plus one bedroom pool-front / ocean view cottage suites, magnificently furnished and decorated; each suite captures the flavour of West Indies yester-years.
A unique collection of African tribal crafts and artwork, in the tradition of the great expressionist masters, is thoughtfully utilised to lend an exotic and refined insight into the culture and travel experience of the turn of the century West Indian traveller.
Rod and Reel
The ideal rod for bonefish is a 9ft 8 weight with a robust reel constructed from a non-corrosive metal such as aluminium with good smooth drag control. It should hold at least 150 yards of backing. You should ensure that you have a spare rod in case of breakage as well as a spare reel and spools in case of accidents.
High visibility weight forward lines compensate for the ever-present trade winds and can be seen in the air or on the water in bright light. Take an extra fly line just in case the first suffers damage.
Leaders should be 9 to 12 feet, tapered clear nylon with tippet between 10 and 15 lbs. Ensure that you carry plenty with you. Most tackle stores stock excellent pre-tied bonefish leaders.
The flats at Point Grace provide fly fishermen with a wide variety of conditions in which to pursue their quarry. Therefore it is important to have flies of the same pattern tied with heavy eyes, bead chain eyes and weightless in order to fish effectively at different depths. Your fly boxes should include some of the following:
- Clouser Minnow: black, white/grey, tan/white, brown/white, green/white and foxy in size 6,
- Puffs: green, brown, tan, pink; size 6
- Beck's Silly Leg Crabs: size 6, 4
- Merkins: sizes 6, 4
- Gotchas: size 6
- Horrors: size 6
- Whitlock's Salt Shrimp: size 6
- Crazy Charlie's: white, brown, tan, pink; size 4, 6
- Bonita Candy: black, lime; size 6
- Gumby Minnows: green; size 6
- Burk's Hot Flash Minnows: shad; size 6
- Lightweight long sleeved shirts
- Lightweight long trousers/shorts
- Wide brimmed hat
- Wading shoes with socks
- Lightweight sweater or fleece
- Lightweight rain jacke
- Hook hone
- Polarised sunglasses
- Tarpon leaders
- Medium Spinning rod
- Fixed Spool reel with minimum 200 yards of 25lb plus nylon
- Yo-zuri poppers (130mm) 37 grams
- Wire trace
- Camera and films
- Small plastic bags with zippers for cameras and film
- High factor sun tan lotion
- Lip salve
- Insect Spray
- Spare polarised sunglasses
- Tackle bag for the boat
- Hip bag for wading (optional)
- There are many other activities that one can do at Point Grace and just a few are listed below here.
- Scuba diving, parasailing and boat charters
- Deep sea, bottom and bone fishing
- Water sports instruction
- Championship golf and tennis at Provo Golf and Country Club
- Professional massage therapists and beauty treatments
November until July.
Time Difference from GMT
- 5 hours.
220v standard US.
The most used currency is the US Dollar USD$.
Tipping is entirely at your discretion, however as a guide USD$50.00 per day per guide is plenty.
None for UK citizens.
There are no required inoculations for travel to The Bahamas, though you are advised to check with your doctor prior to departure regarding any vaccinations that may be recommended. If you are taking prescription medicines please ensure that you bring enough for the duration of your stay.
There are some biting insects in around the flats and you should take good insect repellent.
Located approximately twenty minutes drive from Providenciales Airport on the fantastic Grace Bay Beach.
Call one of our consultants to book now:
+44 (0)1488 689 788
Or alternatively fill in this short enquiry form and we'll get back to you shortly:
Fantastic accommodation on a beautiful beach within walking distance of restaurants and shops. Fishing can be taken on a day by day basis.
Prices start from £2,300 per person.