Value of shooting is £2.5bn a year
By Henny Grant
The new PACEC report reveals that shooting accounts for 10 per cent of all spending on outdoor activity, supports 74,000 full-time jobs and manages 10x more land for conservation than nature reserves.
Shooting’s long-awaited Value of Shooting report is in and its marks are hugely impressive:
- The industry is worth £2billion a year to the UK economy, accounting for almost 10 per cent of all spending on outdoor recreation;
- Shooters spend £2.5billion annually on goods and services;
- The shooting industry supports the equivalent of 74,000 full-time jobs;
- More than 600,000 people shoot in the UK;
- Shooting providers invest £250million a year in protecting and improving the environment;
- The number of days shooters spend on conservation work adds up to 16,000 full-time jobs, and
- Shooting manages 10 times more land for conservation than the nation’s nature reserves.
Read more on Shooting UK