Latest Varzuga update – a record breaking start to the season
By Charlie White
For the first time in our 26 year history of managing the Varzuga, we have been forced to cancel the second week of the season due to a late ice break...
Temperatures have remained stubbornly low and whilst the river is now starting to break up, it will not have cleared in time for our rods who were due to start fishing this Saturday and in the interests of fairness and safety, we reluctantly took the decision to cancel the week.
As is our policy on the Varzuga (and on all of the other exclusive programmes that we run) we wrote to all those who were due to fly out this Friday offering them the following options:-
a) A straight refund on everything we have booked for them
b) A roll over – Roxtons roll over everything we have booked to 2018 and essentially next season is fully paid in advance
c) An alternative fishing opportunity for this year. If the alternative is more expensive then it is our responsibility to make up the difference.
We would like to thank everyone for their continued support and co-operation. If you have any queries regarding your week or fishing the Varzuga in the future, please do not hesitate to contact Charlie White.