The impressive records demonstrate how easily perspective is lost down here:
– There were 3,029 sea trout landed, weighed and measured at the two lodges
– Anglers landed an average of 17.42 fish during their visits, almost 3 per day
– Fish averaged 8.95lbs
– 484 fish were over 15lbs and 110 tipped the scales at over 20lbs
– The largest fish of the season was a magnificent 28.5lb male
– Bob Mead and Bill Klesser set a new benchmark by landing 31 fish in one morning in mid-February
– Roxtons client Gareth Bourhill had 44 fish for his week in early March
Our Director of Fishing, Charlie White, returned to The Rio Grande at the start of the season and remains a huge advocate of the fishing and set-up: ‘I was reminded what a superb operation it is down there. The standard of accommodation, lodge staff, guides and of course the fishing are all excellent’. To see his full trip report please click here.
We operate a strict right of return policy for rods and we will know any available space by the end of April. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are interested in the fishing The Rio Grande next season and we will register your interest and put you to the top of the list should any space become available.
Do think about adding on a short trip before or after Tierra Del Fuego as Argentina and Chile have a huge amount to offer with almost every conceivable interest catered for. We are fortunate enough to know the area well and can advise on anything from dove shooting , dorado fishing, riding with the gauchos, a wine tour of Mendoza or even taking a cruise to the South to see penguins and humpback whales.
Please contact Charlie White or Hannah Treliving to discuss these endless opportunities and the fantastic fishing that Tierra Del Fuego provides on 01488 689 701 or at email@example.com